The best thing you can do for your anxiety is get some sleep.
Not so easy, you may think, but you can start today to get a better night’s sleep.
5 Great Ideas for Sleeping Better
- Go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning. To vary your hours of sleep by any significant amount is like having jet lag. You get sluggish, irritable and drowsy during the day and have trouble going to sleep when you want to.
- Slow down on the caffeine! Remember it lurks in soda, coffee, tea and chocolate – all the things we like to have after dinner. Sigh…
- Try a warm bath for 20 minutes before your crawl into your PJs. The warmth stimulates oxytocin, a calming hormone everyone has. Take advantage of it!
- There are many versions of herbal tea for sleep. Give one a try about 20 minutes before you want to sleep. In fact, sip it while you are in that warm bath. (Remember you have to steep the tea bag in boiling water for about 5 minutes to get the full medicinal benefit of the herbs. Besides, then it just about perfect drinking temperature.)
- Put your worries to sleep before you close your eyes. Try a technique for clearing your mind of worry. (If you don’t know one see one of my books.) Then drift off thinking happy thoughts instead.